About Reviews of Modern Physics
Reviews of Modern Physics (RMP), a part of the Physical Review journals since 1929, serves students and established researchers in physics and related fields. RMP brings the broad fundamental physics literature in established topical areas together and places it within the context of current trends in research and applications. Its review articles offer in-depth treatment of a research area, surveying recent work, and providing an introduction aimed at graduate students and nonspecialists. The journal's shorter Colloquia describe recent work of interest to all, especially work at the frontiers of physics, which may impact several different subfields.
2011 JCR Data
Impact Factor: 43.933
5-Year Impact Factor: 44.436
Total Cites: 31,368
Immediacy Index: 10.026
Cited Half-life: 9.8
2011 Eigenfactor® Metrics
Eigenfactor® Score: 0.11667
Article Influence® Score: 28.864
2012 Publication Numbers
Number of articles: 46
Number of pages: 1826
2013 Publication Projections
Number of articles: 44
Number of pages: 1900
2012 Publication Frequency
Volume 85 (4 issues)
2013 Subscription Rates
2012 and 2013 CD-ROM Editions
CD-ROMs are available with a paid journal subscription.
Chemical Abstracts, Computer & Control Abstracts, Current Physics Index, Electrical & Electronics Index, Energy Research Abstracts, Excerpta Medica, GeoRef, INSPEC, International Aerospace Abstracts, Mathematical Reviews, Nuclear Science Abstracts, Physics Abstracts.
Features for Authors
- Free Color Online - There is no charge for color figures in our online journals. (For print journals there is an additional per figure charge. More information.)
- Online Manuscript Submission - Online submission of manuscripts via the web.
- Online Manuscript Status Check - The Author Status Inquiry System (ASIS) allows authors of manuscripts under consideration by our journals to obtain immediate information on the status of their papers electronically.
- For papers that have been accepted for publication information about their status in the production process is available via a service maintained by the production vendor. A link to this service is provided as part of the information provided by ASIS for such papers.
- Native Language Author Name Display - Chinese, Japanese, and Korean authors can choose to have their names displayed in their own language.
- Forms and Memos - Direct access to journal-related forms and memos.
Features for Readers
- Email ToC Alerts - Receive table of contents email alerts as new journal issues are complete.
- RSS Feeds - Subscribe to a variety of Editor-selected cross-journal feeds as well as individual journal RSS feeds.
- Accepted Papers Lists - Access listings of recently accepted papers in advance of publication
- Single Article Purchases - Nonsubscribers can purchase journal articles in PDF format directly from links on the abstract page.
- Article Packs - For APS members, Article Packs allow flexible online access to key research articles spanning all of Physical Review.
- Free Access to Some Content:
- Browsing the Tables of Contents (PDF and HTML), viewing abstracts, or searching for articles does not require a subscription.